I’m the Creative Services Manager at an insurance company, leading a team of in-house writers and designers. We have the challenging job of marketing really complicated, intangible products (annuities) to people who are approaching retirement.
My specialty is digital design — visual design, prototyping, interaction design and front-end development. I’m always looking to expand my skill set, and my current role has pushed me into the realm of content strategy, editing and a bit of writing.
What I've Achieved
- Engaged my peers in building a new vision for the Creative Services team, modifying processes to foster more collaboration and efficiency.
- Lobbied for IT resources to support our new vision.
- Initiated an effort to move a public blog to our main website, designing the UI and pages to support existing content.
- Worked collaboratively across departments and legal entities to consolidate and simplify Athene web properties.
- Helped convert Athene's fixed-width agent and client web portals to a responsive design.
- Led the design function to rebrand Aviva websites and email templates to Athene standards.
- Helped implement a distributed marketing platform.
- Built modular templates for customized campaigns (print, email, landing page).
- Designed and developed a modular adaptive email template system, reducing the effort of building (and testing) new emails while increasing design consistency.
- Created industry leading promotional microsites for Aviva.
- Wireframed UI elements and layouts for Aviva's new agent portal.